Sunday, February 22, 2009

that was fast

Well folks, the days of laziness and multiple posts are coming to a close. I start the new job on Wednesday. Can you believe how fast that went by? I'm amazed. Kaia will go back to her old daycare but in a different room. Snif. She's officially in the "toddler" room now.

I'm excited about the job but nervous. I hate starting new jobs and I haven't really done it in over 5 years. The "settling in" part is rough. I hope my office space doesn't suck as bad as I suspect it might. We're on the 12th floor of the State Health Department building and it's awful. I think it even has paneling. BUT as long as I get a decent computer I'll be ok. If I get some crusty yellowed desktop well, I'll just have to quit.

I've been giddy looking at houses in Edmond (online) but I have to admit, that part is scarier to me than the job. You guys'll still come visit us, right? I mean, I know it's not like we moved out of state or something but... I dunno. It's just weird. Almost all of our "family" friends are in Tulsa. Snif.

Anyway, lots of emotions right now. I'll try to post some new pics this week of her teeth. :)

6 comments:

Andia said...

Even if you moved out of state we would still come and see you! You can't get of your family that easy. Plus I've never been to Edmond. I'll keep you in my thoughts on wednesday while I am under the knife.

Mark said...

No. I have absolutely no reason to visit you in Edmond.

None.

Not a one.

jckeeton said...

Are you kidding me? Score for me, you'll be way closer. And, the captital is literally less than 5 minutes from school. The Chilino's downtown is the best.

Candice said...

You could have Mark's parents house hunt for you. They love that shit.
And I will visit you no matter where you live. You're stuck with me. : )

Carrie said...

Edmond is nice. We actually looked at a house there back in June. Good prices and such. Only downfall is a church on every corner.

You are going to love the change. At first it will be scary but you will be fine. (From the girl that had the same job for 12 years and had to change)

cyclefreaks said...

egads, "a church on every corner." That should be sign enough that we need to live in the city.