Thursday, February 5, 2009

Alright Already. 25 Things.

I've been tagged so many times, I guess it's time to suck up and think.

1. I was a writer/editor for the TV Guide Channel and credit that job to my eventual "growing up" of sorts. I started working out, quit smoking and decided to go to college while I worked there.
2. I used to drop classes that required oral presentations. Now I live to do them.
3. I would love to be one of those cycling instructors who goes around all the conferences and workshops teaching people how to be a good instructor. I plan to look into this in my very near future...
4. I have a lot of acquaintances that I adore but very few confidantes. I guess that's the way it should be though.
5. I hate talking on the phone. Yes, most of you know this about me already but it deserves being put on this list.
6. I am embarrassed to admit this but I STILL cannot figure out how to watch a goddamn movie the way Cory has our stuff set up. So complicated. Playstation? Xbox? Fuck all, give me a DVD player and the remote.
7. I used to write poetry, pretty good too I think, but have not been depressed enough to do it lately. This is both a good and bad thing.
8. I plan to go to OU to get a master's degree in public health. I looked into it several years ago but did not want to commute. Once we move, I'll start classes.
9. I hope to learn three things before I'm too old to enjoy them: photography, pottery and a foreign language.
10. I could totally binge on cereal. It's like candy to me. Even the healthy variety.
11. If I had three wishes, one would be for me and all my friends and family (you guys!) to live up to our potential.
12. I really, really wish I believed in god and religion.
13. If anyone hurt Kaia (not the broke her heart variety but really hurt her) I am pretty sure I would be able to summon enough anger to kill him/her with my bare hands, consequences be damned.
14. I really think our mistakes and failures help make us who we are.
15. I hope to goodness we don't pass along our body images issues to Kaia.
16. I could sit on the couch with sports on all day and not know a single score. I just like the sound of it. I think that's weird.
17. I think at some point, I will get my teaching certificate.
18. When I was pregnant, I was so scared I wouldn"t love my child when she was born
19. I love her so much, I can't even describe it. I think you all know this.
20. This has taken me several days to complete. Thanks to everyone who made me do it. 8\
21. I wish I would have taken high school more seriously.
22. I did have a lot of damn fun though. :)
23. I love my mom a lot, she is a lot of fun to be around, but I've never been able to talk to her about anything serious. Since having Kaia though, I can sometimes ask her questions and sometimes, she'll surprise me.
24. I want a new car so damn bad I can't stand it. But I will keep driving the green civic until it craps out because I SO DESPERATELY WANT OUT OF DEBT. And we are so close!
25. I got the health department job!!!

10 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh Wow! Congratulations. You deserve it!

Andia said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! So Edmond will be your new address?

greenGuru said...

Congrats!!! That's so friggin' awesome!

morning miles said...

Yea! I assume that you are headed to OKC! And this just proves how awesome you are- I mean you were out of work for what, three whole days? In a recession?

I hate talking on the phone too. Hate it.

cyclefreaks said...

Actually, I got it the very last day of work, so really I wasn't unemployed at all!! :) I just haven't received the "formal" offer so I didn't want to post anything lest I jinx myself, but it seemed like a really cool way to end the list. I should know more details soon and will post those when I know. I asked for 3 weeks off between jobs.

Okjerm said...

That was a lot of reading to find out you got the job.

hwall said...

Congratulations! I headed straight to the comments after the "after we move " line you slipped into number 6 or something, but after seeing the rest of the comments, I went to read back to the end to see what job you got. Must be a relief. Glad you'll get some time off before starting the new job. You should use that time to come to Tulsa and visit. Seriously. I mean it.

By the way, I fucking hate Blogger. I had to write this twice because Blogger is retarded.

Candice said...

I totally understand on the cereal thing. Its like crack.

I made sure I knew how to watch movies or turn on the tv. It was a rule for Mark to get the super nerd remote.

Do you know details about the new job yet?

Artist at Heart, Independent by Nature said...

FANTASTIC!!! I hope you LOVE it!
I like how you nonchalantly threw that in at the end of your list...kinda like you were tryin to see who Really reads those silly things! ;)

jckeeton said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Let me know if we can help you with any moving or house hunting.