Monday, February 9, 2009

Parenting

Cory & I went to a parenting seminar last Thursday in Edmond. OK, I roped him into going but there were a LOT of men there, I was impressed. Anyway, it was with Betsy Geddes who teaches about the Love & Logic "approach" to parenting. We liked her a lot! She basically talked about how to raise responsible kids. I'm glad we went. I felt validated in our feeding approach and we learned a few things I hope we can remember down the line.

Kaia's teefies are popping through finally! We can see just a little bit of white now, so they are en route! She had a pretty bad night last night, we are thinking this is why.

I'm hoping to get some new pictures this week, so stay tuned.

6 comments:

Okjerm said...

Before you know it you'll be paying for orthodontics.

Candice said...

I'm dying for new pictures. I want to put on up and I decide I wanted it to be a recent picture.

jckeeton said...

Let me know next time you go to one. Maybe James and I can go with you.

Anonymous said...

I've heard good things about "Love and Logic," if it's the same one I'm thinking of - our school counselor is pretty high on it.

cyclefreaks said...

I think it's great. They are starting a class at the church where it was held (Yes I know, and we didn't get struck by lightening or anything!!); if we already lived there I would keep going.

morning miles said...

Our whole school's educational philosophy is based on Love and Logic. All parents new to the school get special parenting classes as part of the tuition. The words "natural consequences" are used regularly. We will have a woman this fall in for our parent institute- will let you know dates and who it is later-

During our bad parenting moments either Dave or I will say, "that's not part of love and logic, right?"

I can swipe you the video series or parent books if you'd like.