Tuesday, April 1, 2008

So...

The last couple of nights have blown. She's been fussy all night, not crying but fussing. I've been up and up and down and up and down. Even when I put her in bed with us, it seems she only sleeps for a little while before she is twisting and turning and her tummy is churning. :( I don't know if it is just gas, reflux or something I ate, but it's been horrendous.

She took her shots like a champ today. OK she cried like a champ. She has three little hot pink band-aids on her little tiny legs. Official weight? 8.0!!! She's 21 inches long. :) She's grown 4 inches and gained almost 4 pounds since birth. We are very pleased. She makes us so proud!

Work is less than two weeks away. :(

Here's my new favorite picture... my sister and I went to a huge consignment sale in town last weekend and I got her this cute little pjs. Best $3 I've ever spent...



11 comments:

jckeeton said...

She's getting so big!

cyclefreaks said...

8 pounds seems big to us!

Candice said...

Little Kaia gnome will eat you!

Anonymous said...

Cottontails originals has a giant warehouse sale every summer in Stillwater. Cutest clothes ever- all outfits are around $6.
Big girl!
-MH

Artist at Heart, Independent by Nature said...

Tell your husband not to choke your daughter! Just looked at the shutterfly pics and poor little Kaia looks freaked about the hand on her throat! :0
She is very cute...still, but 8 lbs seems so tiny compared to the two 20 lbers I'm luggin' around! :)

cyclefreaks said...

LOL, I should have put a caption under that one. He's burpin' her. That's how they recommend it, he's got his hands on her jawbones. It is difficult to do too because we feel like we are chokin' her. Awful!

MH - can you believe Cottontail closed??

Anonymous said...

I did not know they closed! When?? I always thought they were seriously overpriced but loved the warehouse sale. Are they still operating as a business? I am going to have to check their website!
And as you get closer to going back to work, just let me know if you need someone who has been there to talk to. I know how hard it is. Where will Kaia be while you are at work?
-MH

Toshya said...

Those are very cute jammies, indeed! Nothing makes a girl happier than new jammies. She still has three pounds to go to catch up with Luna :)

Toshya said...

PS Shutterfly pics?

dianie said...

Very Pope Jean Paul the whateverth. Bet she has better opinions on social issues, too!

NiNi said...

That is a GREAT size!! Yay Kaia! LOVE her little jammers!