Friday, July 27, 2007

The Nursery


We picked out a crib at last. Don't know when we're actually going to get the office cleaned out so we can start painting it and moving furniture in, but at least I found one we both really like...

Surprisingly, we aren't going with black furniture, but antique white. My plan for the colors of the room are dark, so dark furniture won't work. The room is going to be chocolate brown, antique white and green, probably with some bright accent colors but I haven't decided on everything yet. I'll have to take a picture of the blanket that inspired my color scheme.

Anyway, I'm really excited to get started on it but am going to try really hard not to go overboard. Like everyone keeps telling me, newborns need love and food and attention, not room decor. So our priority is being home with her for the first six weeks at least...

9 comments:

T said...

I love chocolate brown... is the green going to be sort of a lime / bright green? Decorating is so fun... I think it's good therapy so even if the baby doesn't care, it's good for you to create that space!

cyclefreaks said...

Oh yeah, I'm all for the decoratin. Just not spending a ton. I'm going to do a painting or two of my own, and have asked my sister to do the same.

The green is hard to explain. It's not very lime-y. I'll have to post that blanky picture. The accent colors on the blanket are blues and oranges so I'll probably have that in there too...

Anonymous said...

it's the easiest time we've ever had agreeing on colors for one of our rooms. lol.

Candice said...

I thought mom was buying the crib?

Carrie said...

I think that is great. I'll have to take a picture of our bathroom and it's chocolate color.

cyclefreaks said...

She is, I'm just talking about us not going crazy buying a bunch of matching stuff that really doesn't matter in the long run, you know?

Anonymous said...

Do you hear that sucking sound? Hold on to your wallets!

Candice said...

I plan on buying the baby all kinds of stuff, just because. : )

cyclefreaks said...

Good, we're counting on it. ;) lol