Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hello

I know, I know. I'm a bad blogger. I never did post about how Kaia was doing. I stink. Well, it took about a week, but she finally got over her mouth outbreak. She started to feel better on Saturday and it hit her originally on Sunday so... that's a long time to feel horrible and not eat. Her appetite didn't fully return to normal until a few days later but the inklings of our little happy baby appeared that Saturday. Man, what a crappy week that was.

I have some pictures from our trip to Denver that I will post soon. Right now, I'm blogging from work (gasp) and the photos are on Cory's laptop. Let me just say that Denver is awesome. It's the first big city that I think Cory & I agreed on 100 percent: Yes, let's live here! So, who knows how long it will take but I really am going to start looking and applying for anything I think I have a shot at. And if it ends up that I find something but Cory does not, I told him to get his butt to Univ. of Colorado for a phd program.

So, what does that mean for us right now? Well, I guess it means the move to OKC is off again. We haven't talked about it yet but we will have to come up with a timeline and if we haven't found anything by ______, we move to OKC.

Imagine growing up in a place like Denver or Boulder where you are surrounded by mountains and sunshine? I'm all for raising Kaia in the healthiest environment we can, and either one of those two cities beats raising her in one of the fattest, unhealthiest, poorest states in the nation.

It was great riding and hiking with D again. I miss my workout buddy. :( And my best friend. :(

I'll post details about the riding and hiking when I put up pictures.

7 comments:

greenGuru said...

I hadn't given Denver any real thoughts. You'll have to post some pictures and what you a Cory liked about it.

morning miles said...

Glad Kaia is feeling better!
As for Danver, kudos to you! I just love Tulsa too much to live elsewhere but completely understand.

Candice said...

You know my thoughts on where you end up living. Hell, everyone on here knows my thoughts on where you guys live.

Glad you liked it and had a great time. And yes, it would be great for you to raise Kaia there. Better then Oklahoma. If you move there does that mean she can come here for a month every summer? : )

Candice said...

I forgot something, where are the new pictures of Kaia? Its been over a week, I'm dying down here!

jckeeton said...

I love Colorado and agree that it would be a great place to raise a child. However, I would miss you.

Candice said...

Hello? Still no Kaia pictures? Do you have a life or something? Don't you know how bad I need a Kaia fix here? ; )

hwall said...

I haven't been to Denver, but I spent some time in Boulder a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. I could totally live there. But, I sort of have my sights set on Portland... :)