Friday, July 31, 2009

The End of an Era

I think "dining out" as we know it is about to come to an end. For the past several months, I've been tracking how much money I spend each month at restaurants, Starbucks, Sonic, etc. and it's staggering. We've known for awhile that we do it too much but never really kept track of it like I've been doing. And I'm just accounting for what I spend, not Cory. It's gotta stop, especially if we want to have a nice house to live in!! But we all know not eating out really isn't an option, so we're going to try to cut back the frequency but also share an entree anytime we go out.

Also, it's got to stop because Kaia has officially hit the stage where she does NOT want to sit still in some stupid high chair for more than 2 minutes at a time. We met Tanner and his family at Joe's last night (his dad is being inducted into the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame this weekend--cool!) and she was a little monster! Aside from hyperactivity, she's into being as loud as humanly possible, so between her trying to escape, banging toys on the table and generally being a pain in the butt, she was screaming at the top of her lungs. Not screaming-crying, just screaming, like she is testing out her lungs.

By the end of the evening, I was exhausted. It took me until a little after 10:00 to get her to go to sleep, so I just went to sleep too.

7 comments:

Mark said...

Candice and I have started the same. I think we ate out once this week (fast food while on the go) but other than that, we've been cooking at home.

Candice said...

You'll get to a point where you don't want to eat out at all. I didn't do the numbers, I just knew we ate out more then we ate at home so it had to change.

Sorry Kaia wasn't pleasant last night. I guess she's getting to the age where she will be trying all kinds of things out, good and bad. She's going to hear her name and no a lot. : )

jckeeton said...

Hmmm.........This sounds familiar.

Carrie said...

I don't care for eating out at all. If we do, it is mostly takeout and from a non-fastfood place.

I wanted nachos and he grilled up some chicken and made some homemade and I thought they were better than anywhere out.

morning miles said...

We have a envelope we put cash in for eating out at the beginning of the month. We set a predetermined amount for this. Once the cash is gone- no more eating out. So we can have one or two nice meals out a month or a drive through about once a week. Of course, for the past 3 months we've been bad with this. Got to get back into the swing of this.

Ah, she'sa toddler. And toddlers manage to make you want to shoot them and hug them. Sometimes I want to runaway but then Rach will do something sweet. You'll get through it- she will grow out of it. Hang in there.

cyclefreaks said...

yeah, do you do the envelope system for groceries too? We like the idea but have yet to do it and stick to it! Oy. We've got mucho work to do.

candice I don't think anyone will ever get to a point where they wouldn't rather have someone else cook and clean but if you've mastered it after a week, kudos!

ktkolb said...

She wasn't that bad! I love her energy!