Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Beast Within

Man today was trying. She feels better and actually ate some cereal, but was just well enough to know that she was pissed off that she was still sick. Did that sentence make any sense??

Anyway, this kid has a temper. And is stubborn as hell. A+B = Not a Good Patient.

I've read that it's normal for toddlers to hit, and how to handle it, but that knowledge doesn't make it any more joyful. She must have smacked me ten times today. Swatted my hand away when I tried to give her ice cream. (ICE CREAM!! It's not like I was trying to feed the kid spinach!) Also, she has taken a liking to pouring her gatorade out of her sippy cup. Witness moments before dumping out Mommy's diet coke...



Like I said, trying day.

*

Last night, I did a wal-mart run and like any Mommy with a sick baby, I wanted to get her something to make her feel better. Enter the Dora Chair. Fletcher is trying to claim it as his own. I think there might be war if that happens...

5 comments:

Artist at Heart, Independent by Nature said...

I know this doesn't relate to this post...a few posts ago it was all smoke and mirrors. Thought I would add that Naked Juice is owned by Pepsi. Will it ever be about health and not money?!?!

cyclefreaks said...

I wish you hadn't told me that!! DAMMIT!

Toshya said...

Aw, poor girl. Gotta admit, that first pic made me giggle... she looks so seriously put out. I know it's frustrating :(

Candice said...

Sounds like a fun time at your house this week. : )

Dora huh?

morning miles said...

I haven't checked your blog for a while but really feel for your situation. Toddlers are a handful and just when you think you will give one to roves of gypsies the toddler will just be sodarn cute that all of the annoying stuff is set aside.
Stubbornness is "bad" when little but often important when older.
Rachel was a hitter. And a biter. I'm not sure which was worse. It gets better. I promise.