Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thoughts? Going Public

I've been thinking for awhile about trying to get someone to run my blog entries...er, selected blog entries, as a column. What do you guys think about me making a public blog? I have a parenting magazine in OKC who would link to it but of course, I would not be paid as a blogger. I think it might be fun, and it would encourage me to keep up my writing no matter where my next job takes me.

What do you think? Pros v cons?

I would start it back with first finding out I was pregnant to current. In essence, it would be an edited version of what you guys read here all the time.

Lemme know...

9 comments:

dianie said...

I think it's an awesome idea! Do it! I also think u should send some of the pics of kaia to a talent agency. It's a waste not too :)

hwall said...

I think it's a great idea. I have long been searching for a way to get paid for writing my blog. If you can figure it out, franchise it.

Mark said...

If you promise to not call me "Uncle Poo Poo" in the public forum I say go for it.

cyclefreaks said...

Well I won't get paid for it but I suppose it could turn INTO something that I get paid to do. That would be nice, wouldn't it?

Uncle PooPoo is out. Except on this blog, where I will always refer to you that way. :)

D: I'm waiting for the Good Morning America/Parenting magazine contest which opens in March! :)

Okjerm said...

Wow, it seems like only yesterday that you got fired for blogging.

cyclefreaks said...

Geez, it does seem like yesterday, and yet it was six...count 'em, SIX years ago. Sheesh.

jckeeton said...

I say do it!

morning miles said...

Sounds like a plan. I think that your experiences will resonate with readers.

Toshya said...

I think it's a great idea! I have been thinking about doing something like that with my divorce blog... also thinking about doing an unemployment type blog! Issues, issues...