Friday, November 21, 2008

What She's Been Doing

The past week to two weeks has been amazing for Kaia. She has grown SO much in that short amount of time. I swear, I bet she grew an inch and gained 2 pounds!

She is eating really well right now, I hope I don't jinx us by talking about it here. She seems to love her Yo Baby yogurt (Diane and Holly are beaming with pride right now because it's organic) and she also is doing pretty well with a stage 2 concoction called chicken and apples. She'll take a few bites of it at least, which is an improvement over most things. Tonight at Texas Roadhouse, she took a little bite of my roll whereas before she would have had nothing to do with it. Granted, she gummed it around and spit it back out, but trust me, the taking of a bite is huge.

She also likes to drink out of big people's cups. She doesn't really get the whole sippy cup thing but if you hold your cup to her mouth she will drink and it is SO damn cute... I don't really know how to explain what she does but it's adorable. I think she thinks she still needs to suck even though there's no nipple or something... she kind of opens and closes her mouth at the rim of the cup. Anyway, too cute.

She is really starting to fall into a better routine at night too...instead of us fighting her for an hour to get to sleep, she really starts to get sleepy around the same time every night. Still not as early as I'd like but we're getting there.

Tonight, our waitress was in love with her. She kept talking about how precious she was and how great her smile is... when she went to take the bill to the computer, she asked if Kaia could come with her. I thought Cory was going to have a heart attack but like a big boy he let her (the register was right behind our table so we could see her and she could see us the whole time). She is mesmerized by computers. It's so neat when someone says hi to her and she smiles real big at them... it makes the person feel so good when she does it, we can't help but beam with pride. I know at some point she will hit a shy stage and back away from strangers but it's awesome that she reaches out for her aunts and her "friends" at school.

Oh yeah, and she's crawling everywhere. She's not that good at it yet but man, she is fast. A couple times Cory has gone to check on her in bed and when she sees him she takes off after him. She loves him so much, it's so sweet to see the way she looks up at him. :)

She was playing in the floor last night, and we love to just sit and watch her. She concentrates so hard on things. She has a wooden puzzle (an airplane, uncle mark) and she had one piece stuck under the puzzle board itself, so she muscled it off so she could reach the piece underneath. Just seeing her little brain figure out things like that is amazing to us.

Still no teefies but that's ok, I love her toothless grin and I'll take it as long as I can get it. :)

5 comments:

Candice said...

She melted my heart so fast when we went to get her from daycare and she smiled and held her arms out for me to take her. I almost cried.

So I figured out what I want for Christmas this year. I want the 12 days of Kaia. Post a new picture every day for the days up to Christmas! For me that would be the best Christmas ever!!!!

Anonymous said...

My kids always loved big people cups best too. Rachel still does- and she always wants what I am drinking- she is especially interested in "cop-pey"

She is super-cute. Love that you are able to watch that mind work things out. It is such an amazing thing and the stuff that she is going to be doing here soon will totally blow you away. Can't wait to read more!

Carrie said...

I'm with Candice. I think each day you should post her pic. She is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen.

jckeeton said...

Andrew doesn't understand the concept of sippy cups either. We like to mix his cereal or oatmeal into the yogurt. He likes the cereal much better that way.

hwall said...

LOL thanks for the shout-out. Yay organic! Isaac is still on first foods. One day he'll like something, and the next day he won't. He ate more than he ever has last night--organic bananas! Yum! Do you have a baby food mill? My friend's mom got me one, and it's the best. You can just put a little bit of whatever you're eating in there, turn the handle a few times, and voila! Baby mush!