Monday, November 3, 2008

good god almighty

I've never been so sick. I've been more sick in a brief period of time, but never this bad for this long. I haven't eaten "for real" since Wednesday night. I've had a half cup applesauce here and there, some pasta, Cory made me some brown rice and went today and got me a bagel. That's not a lot of food for almost a week. Esp. for those of you who know how I likes me some food!

Anyway, as it turns out, I have developed an abundance of bad bacteria called c difficile. Remember that ear infection I had a couple weekends ago? Well, they put me on an antibiotic and apparently, I had this as a reaction to it. My gut is fucked UP, people. I can't eat anything right now without it coming out the other end immediately. I've lost almost 10 pounds. That isn't a good thing, cuz it's 10 pounds of water and muscle shooting out the a-hole. (lol, I'm so graphic. Sorry for that visual).

Luckily, Kaia is doing great. I bet she gained a pound over the weekend, she ate so much. YAY! She even ate some applesauce on top of all that formula. We are excited. :) If we can keep her well for at least a stretch of a couple weeks, I think she can really put on a few pounds. That would make for a nice Christmas. :)

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Try this.

Are you drinking water? Add fiber to your water. Fibersure or metamucil. I know that it is known for constipation but it works both ways. It lines the intestines. Also go for low grain foods. White bread, pasta, white rice. Also peppermint tea works wonders. Oha and if you are drinking anything, don't drink it cold but at room tempature or hot.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

jckeeton said...

I've heard yogurt helps with most GI "issues." I hope you feel better.

Candice said...

Damn, that sucks in so many ways. How do you fix it and how long does it take?

Mark said...

Wait, I want to know why you are fattening the baby up for Christmas!?!?!?!?

NiNi said...

As one that was on antibiotics for eight straight weeks [because of all the UTIs], I SO know how you feel!

Let me tell you what helps: probiotic supplements. My favorite has been Holista Probiotic Multi Strains [which you can get at Drugstore.com]. http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=187730&catid=47608

Also, KEFIR. You can get Kefir in the dairy section, near the yogurt. You can make fruit smoothies with it... it's basically like liquid yogurt. However, it's better than yogurt, because it has WAAAY more beneficial bacteria cultures in it than yogurt. Yogurt is also great for the GI, but it doesn't have the kind of bacteria that can KILL "the nasties." However, Kefir CAN actually kill the nasties. http://www.kefir.net/kefiryogurt.htm

It's taken weeks, but I'm finally almost balanced out, if you know what I mean. Also, the Holista supplements have literally cured me of heartburn. I used to have heartburn a LOT, and now it's rare.

{{{HEALING HUGS}}}

cyclefreaks said...

Bloyd, why did you have to go there? I am cracking up and it's not fun given my current health status. We are not fattening up the baby for Christmas meals. :) Get in my belleh! NOT

Nini - I've been meaning to email you to see how your tests went. Thanks for stoppin' by!

Andia said...

I am so sorry you are sick. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
I am lactose intolerant so none of the yogurt would do me any good. I would be in the bathroom because of that.

Mark said...

Hey, it's YOUR blog. I just connected the dots ;)