Monday, September 1, 2008

ugh

It seems like Kaia is always sick. It's never anything big, thank goodness, but the little fevers and all seem neverending. Last week, she had a fever for almost a week (roseola). This weekend, it was vomit and diarrhea and very little appetite. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow (we called the on-call the morning she puked to see if we needed to take her in) and see what we should do. She has very little interest in eating right now and I'm pretty sure she has lost some of the weight we were so happy to see that she had gained. Stressful business, this being a parent. Anyway, she only puked once and there's only been one more diarrhea episode so I think she's fine, but the not eating stuff... oy. I hope that is related to maybe her teething or something.

One good thing about her not feeling well, it got us out of a visit with great grandmother. For those of you who don't know her, I know how harsh it sounds when I bitch about her but she is the most manipulative, conniving hag I have ever met. She is the female match to my dad, I swear it. She had the nerve to tell Cory that she knew we wanted to hold Kaia when she didn't feel well, but that we were making her not like other people. The next time I see her, I'm going to make sure she knows how Kaia reaches out for Aunt Paula, and how Grandma Jane made her laugh and how much she adores Grandma Cheney. Even Grandpa Ward makes her smile. Nevermind the fact that she smiles at Miss Vicky when we take her to daycare. Right. She just doesn't like YOU, old hag. Babies aren't stupid. She senses that she's a nutbag.

Grr. Like I said, I know it's harsh but fuck all, it's my blog and I needed to vent!




5 comments:

Mark said...

Awesome.

That's all. Just awesome.

Anonymous said...

Do you and I have the same g'ma? Should I call you cousin?

You should've let her come and had Kaia puke on her. Now that would've been awesome!

Hang in there. She'll be well again.

Candice said...

I just shed the biggest tear, so fucking proud right now.

jckeeton said...

Ugh, the constant sicknesses suck! Does it ever get better? Everyone says if they have many illness now, they will have better immune systems later. Let's hope. I feel for you. I have a grandmother-in-law that is very similar. Luckily we rarely see her. :)

Candice said...

On a different note, maybe she's just getting it all out of her system so she will be feeling great when I come to see her. : )