Thursday, September 11, 2008

bahbahbababa

Kaia has discovered her "b" and "d" consonants. In fact, just two days ago. We are pretty sure she said "da da" this morning. Of course Cory wasn't even in the room with her but she said it!! Now we just need to put sounds with people so she can understand what she's saying... :)

Anyway, it was so cute this morning. She sometimes sits on our bed while we get dressed, surrounded by pillows "just in case" and she just sat there all giddy, babbling away. I think she gets as excited as we do when she makes a new sound.

I am trying really hard to get to the point where she is in her own space to sleep but I am going to miss her so much. I think we are going to put the pack & play back in our bedroom and go from our bed to there to her crib. And yes, all these baby steps are for us, not her. I don't think she cares where she sleeps once she's out.

Anyway, I was reading Isaac's Mom's blog earlier and I realized I hadn't been posting much about her lately either. Pictures now and then and illness updates but not all the wonderful things she is doing now so here's a list:

  • She is attempting solids but she really, really wants to do it herself. It's messy but it's fun. So far, like her mama, sweet potatoes are her favorite.

  • She can now hold a bottle and feed herself, but it's hard if it's an 8-ouncer. It's hilarious to watch her get all excited to shove that nipple in her mouth. It usually hits her in the nose first.

  • She sits up by herself, which you saw in the recent picture. She's a little wobbly so I still stay close in case she flops over. She did just that at my office yesterday and bonked her head. She'll start to cry and if it's not a big deal, I'll tell her she's ok and kiss her and she stops immediately. THIS is a great thing. My mom was able to shut us up with a look. I hope I have that gift. It will come in handy later on.

  • One of the best things is that she reaches for me when I go to pick her up. :)

  • She has decided that bath time is not so bad afterall. Now that she can sit up, she has fun kicking her feet wildly, and I mean wildly, and splashing. Mostly kicking. And staring into the water at her feet kicking. She also likes to hold onto her toes now. I keep waiting to see her foot go into her mouth, but not yet.
Still no teefies, which means we get to enjoy that wonderful toothless grin for just a little bit longer.

3 comments:

Candice said...

Reading that was without a doubt the best part of my week. I would say month but I get to see her in a couple more weeks and that will top everything.

We really need to figure out a way for you guys to post videos of her now.

hwall said...

Oooh, video posts! Great idea! I want to see her wobble and hear her babble.

I'm trying to coax Isaac into sitting. He tries, but he just flops forward. Then he looks at me, with his head touching his knees, like "how could you let this happen?"

As soon as he's sitting, we need to make a trip to Stillwater or vice versa. They can have a sitting date (which is much more grown up than a laying-there-drooling date. Although, I'm sure there will be some drooling).

cyclefreaks said...

LOL, speaking of dates, when we picked her up yesterday, she was sitting across from this little boy, who was in the worker's lap, with her hands firmly clasped on his bib. I laughed and told her to let the boy go, and they said she was caressing his cheeks earlier in the sweetest way. Awe, her first boyfriend! :)