Thursday, January 3, 2008

I can pee in a cup without spilling a drop!

We had to see a different doctor today, mine is on vacation. He was very nice, but very, very feminine. We assumed gay until he mentioned his wife and child.

Anyway, we’re sitting in the room and look up to notice a “dilation chart.” I think we both saw it at the same time and lost all color in our cheeks. The nurse said they usually hide it better. I’m not looking forward to when they start measuring that! Good gravy.

Had to get a shot today. Apparently, since my blood type is A negative, and we don’t know Cory’s blood type, we have to take precautions so that if Baby Girls blood type is positive, my body doesn’t see her blood as a foreign substance and try to reject her. Or something. Why we are just now getting this injection is kind of perplexing but anyway, it didn’t sound like a big deal. If baby comes out negative, then we do nothing further. If she is positive, then I get another shot. OK. Whatever.

Listening to her heartbeat is the most reassuring sound ever. I know only the moms out there can truly understand this, but I worry constantly that there is something wrong. “Why isn’t she moving today? What did I do? Is she ok? Have I done anything to poison her?” I mean, the list is endless and it borders on the ridiculous. But when we go in and hear her heart beating strong... it makes me breathe a sigh of relief. Cory, too. In fact, he said it in the office today. We look forward to hearing it so we know she’s ok.

Doc said I might have been having a contraction when he first listened. I told him I didn’t feel anything, and that was ok by me. :) I was reading something to Cory the other day about how to know if it’s “real” labor or “fake” labor, and it actually said if I’m not doubled over in pain, unable to speak, it’s fake. Nice. Who wrote that? Jackass.

I’ve gained 34 pounds. My limit was 35. Oops. Oh well. At this point, it’s just so much belly... I like the belly. :)

My baby shower is coming up... the 19th, and even though I didn’t send you dudes invitations, you are more than welcome to come help Cory through the day. :) Cuz yes, he has to be there. So does Bloyd. Ha! Take that!

Stillwater Public Library
12th and Duck
2:00 p.m.
Theme: Children’s Books (bring your favorite)
Registered under Stephanie Brown at Babies R Us and Target.

9 comments:

Skept said...

Her heartbeat rules. Sounds like you could power a car with it. It's become one of my favorite sounds in the world.

Okjerm said...

Can we do something for Andia's birthday afterwards?

Angie said...

I heard my little one's heartbeat for the first time a couple of weeks ago, then had an ultrasound last week to check the dates. They never seem to let you listen to it for quite long enough. They hear it all day long so it's no big deal, but for me... I just wanna listen some more.

cyclefreaks said...

Does she really want to celebrate it in Stillwater? Our food and entertainment options are quite limited.

Okjerm said...

Yeah, but family and friends will be there. I could be served a spam sandwich and not mind if I had quality company.

Artist at Heart, Independent by Nature said...

Ok, so let me be the geek of the hour! I looked up the shot you had to get...Rhogam. It protects a positive blood type baby from antibodies the negative blood type mother develops. You don't have to get it until late in pregnancy & after pregnancy because you are really protecting any subsequent baby you might have. Interesting, huh?!

dianie said...

34 pounds of mommy muscle! Congrats on your eigth month! Can't believe it's gone by so fast.

Anonymous said...

Wait... why can't they just check Cory's blood type? Did I misread something? I am quite sleepy...

I wish I could come to your shower! It's all happening so quickly, this baby thing :)

(New belly pics, please...)

Toshya

cyclefreaks said...

that's what i thought too, but you know, my husband IS deathly afraid of needles so I didn't bring it up.

I do need to post another belly pic. I just haven't been quite as anxious to take and/or post one at this size. I feel like I might explode!