Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day Two Update

(Steph's napping so she asked me to put my blog's update over here for you guys to read. Also, her phone is dead, so if you need to get hold of us, use my number (it's the same as hers, except the last four numbers of mine are 8212).

So... the feeding tube is out of her throat. Steph actually fed Kaia a whole bottle of milk. Kid fell asleep while she was eating, but she ate the whole thing. All that is doing well.

Last night, the doc said she had a little bit of a heart murmur (which is scary), so tomorrow they're doing a scan on her heart. The doc said it's not uncommon for premies to have heart murmurs, but he's going to check her out anyway.

We're still not sure when she's getting out. They're not even speculating, so I'll try not to as well.

Also, in case you guys don't know: 4 pounds, 8.6 oz. at birth. 17 inches long and some change. She's not very big, but the nurses keep calling her "feisty," which is to be expected.

Later.

4 comments:

dianie said...

Finally!!! I've been checking this thing compulsively for the past two days! Glad to hear she's eating on her own. It'll be boobie-time soon! So happy she's here!

jckeeton said...

Congratulations. She's precious. I'm glad to here she's doing well. James and I have been thinking about you.

Angie said...

Wonderful update, thank you.

Toshya said...

OH MY GOD... congratulations. I hope Mama and baby are doing well. I am excited to hear all the details. She's so beautiful!!!!