Thursday, January 10, 2008

48 Days and Counting

That's assuming she doesn't come early...

It's hard to believe this part is almost over. I know I've whined a lot, but I told Cory yesterday, I'm going to miss her being in there. It's the strangest feeling when she moves. I expected kicks to hurt; they don't (yet). I'm extremely, and I mean extremely, uncomfortable most of the time, but every time I feel her move, it makes me smile.

I do miss working out hard, enjoying food, sleeping and breathing. Yes breathing I miss the most. But there's still something cool about the whole thing. We went to our first parenting class this week, childbirth preparation, and despite reports to the contrary ahead of time, we actually enjoyed the video. We have two more of those classes, then newborn care, breastfeeding and breathing and relaxation.

Tomorrow is Cory's 35th birthday. Wish I could say we'd be swinging from chandeliers in some hotel, but no. Probably not. I hope we have an enjoyable weekend alone though. We don't have many of those left.

I went to my friend's daycare with her today. The people seem nice and we've heard nothing but good reports from everyone who has a child there. It's like $150 a week. A WEEK! People, before you have kids of your own, move to where your parents live or get a job that provides free childcare. Crikey.

I know I keep saying I'll post a new belly pic soon but I mean it this time. I got my hair did last weekend and I feel cute again so I promise to post one.

Right now, I'm going to go eat a bowl of cereal.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I actually thought childcare was more than that. I'm hoping when I have one, Adam can be a stay at home dad or me be one but preferably him. As soon as we get some health care, I am going to start really preparing for it. You make it sound so beautiful and easy. You don't whine or complain nearly as much as I would.

dianie said...

That is an assload of money. No wonder my parents didn't have a college fund. Well, methinks a papoose of some sorts is in order for when she is not being sat on by auntie D or the other dozen eager babysitters in waiting. Maybe the work from home thing could be more permanent? Can't believe there are only 48 days left till we see her face!

cyclefreaks said...

carrie - I've heard it is much more expensive in other cities, so Tulsa is probably higher than Stillwater. As for beautiful and easy... that's only because this is MY blog, not my husbands. :) Trust me, I've had many, many moments not discussed here!

D - I can't believe it either. She'll be here in no time!

Toshya said...

Oh yeah, I guess it's that other guy's birthday tomorrow, too... what was his name again?

Well, happy birthday to Cory.

And holy shit... that's soon! Time flew by, for me anyway ;o)

I wish I didn't live so far away!!! I am way overdue for a visit to the OK so will plan something for after she arrives... still need to meet Berklee, too.

Toshya

Candice said...

I can't wait for her to be here! I mean I really can't wait!
That's not a bad price for a newborn. I heard to plan on dropping a grand a month. Maybe I can be a part time mom or something, who knows.

cyclefreaks said...

It probably is a grand a month in Dallas...the hospital started this deal this year where you can work 32 hours a week and still be full-time with benefits, so I thought about doing that, but it wouldn't make it any cheaper AND I'd lose 8 hours of pay. So there's no point, other than to just be able to have a 4-day work week.

Any way you slice it, it's expensive.