Monday, August 3, 2009

Too Deep for a Monday

I was just thinking about Cory and Kaia's relationship... I hope all of the men in my life get to experience life as a dad to a daughter someday. I think it changes a man in a way that having a son doesn't touch. Having a son is just more guys being guys, but having a daughter... I think it makes a man really see the other side of things and maybe even see women differently.

Watching their relationship unfold and seeing her look at him with so much love and adoration... sometimes it breaks my heart and helps me understand who I am so much more, not having that relationship in my own life.

Sad, and happy too that I married someone who can be a great daddy.

4 comments:

dianie said...

Thanks for making me cry on a Monday. Very beautifully put.

cyclefreaks said...

:) Told ya it was too deep for a Monday morning.

Toshya said...

I really want a daughter someday and for Greg to be a daddy :) He's the youngest with two older sisters, though, so I think "the other side of things" has been beaten in pretty sufficiently already. I think it's great that Kaia and Cory are so mutually in love!

Candice said...

I agree with you about Cory & Kaia. After the things we went through watching him be an amazing dad is priceless. No one could have brought this side of him out but you and Kaia. I can't thank you enough for making him so happy and giving him the chance to be the dad we wish we had and so much more.