Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bluer Pastures

So, I think everyone knows by now that I have accepted the position with Blue Cross & Blue Shield, aka Health Care Services Corporation. I use the latter term because I will be working with more than just Oklahoma employees and Blue Cross is a subsidiary of HCSC. Four states are under HCSC: New Mexico and Oklahoma, which are both mine, Illinois and Texas. I have three "counterparts" for the other states. My boss, who is in Texas, reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer, who's in Chicago. There will be traveling, mostly to Albuquerque, but soon to Dallas to meet the Good Doctor who is our boss.

I'm really excited about this job, but rest assured, this is a BIG JOB. I don't think I'll have much time for blogging or texting or emailing at work. At least not until I get into a good routine and really understand what all my responsibilities are. He told me on the first phone call, this job is demanding and busy. So I guess I'll be earning my pay for once. I'm totally excited about that. I hate being bored at work, as you guys can probably guess by now.

It's a pretty decent pay raise with decent benefits and good raises. I'll be downtown at 14th & Boulder and close to Riverparks, which I'm also excited about. I hope it doesn't take too long for our house to sell.

What I'm NOT excited about is (once we move) Cory's drive and ... new daycare. :( In fact, I get queasy thinking about it.

9 comments:

Dave H said...

For what it's worth, the day care at First Lutheran (13th and Utica) was a good choice for Rachel. One of my co-workers still has her son there. (Rachel started at Melissa's school earlier this year.)

We're excited to have you coming back to Tulsa.

Dave H said...

And when do you start? I've made sure that Cory knows we're happy to help with the move and such when the time comes. Just let us know.

Okjerm said...

Can. Not. Wait.

Candice said...

You ready for the uninvited visits you will be getting? ; )

Sounds like a great job, I'm so happy for you.

When are you putting the house on the market? Yesterday?

I'm super excited about the possible trips to Dallas.

Andia said...

We are very excited.

Artist at Heart, Independent by Nature said...

WOOHOO!! I might get to see you once a year!! ;)

Though I may not be coming for Thanksgiving this year....B and I have different ideas about it

melissa h said...

Think of this: riding on river trails during lunch breaks.
We do love FLELC.
Dave commuted for almost a year. It sucks but could be worse.
Please let us know if you need help- moving, watching your girlie while you househunt, whatever.

jckeeton said...

Congrats! When's your last day at the health department? New daycare sucks, I won't lie. But you'll find one that works for you and Kaia.

cyclefreaks said...

Nov. 13th is supposed to be my last day, but I might just cash in some leave those last two days because the 11th is an official holiday for us. Seems lame to go back to work for two days for no reason really...