Friday, October 5, 2007

Who Knew?

I started registering online for Baby Girl Cheney this week. Man, we are so clueless. Nevermind the actual parenting, we don't even know what we need! Luckily, we aren't the only ones, as both Target and Babies R Us have a "new parent checklist" type of thing to help us along. Everything is so expensive. I'm guessing that's why people have told us we won't need to buy any clothes... it's really the only thing normal people can afford to buy for new parents! Thank goodness for families who feel obligated to make the bigger purchases. Hint, Hint. :)

My appetite kicked into overdrive this week, methinks. I got up late today so instead of a bowl of cereal or something I grabbed an apple on the way to the school. By the time I got home, my stomach was rumbling so loud I'm surprised you didn't hear it. My stomach has really started to look pregnant too. :D Soon, very soon, it will stick out further than these melons.

We have a "down" weekend at last. Cory finished the magazine and only has plans for Saturday night so it looks like we might be able to get caught up around the house and maybe start working on the nursery. Or, we might spend the whole weekend lying around, doing nothing. Either way, it's what we need. :)

Hope you all have a great weekend.

4 comments:

jckeeton said...

I think you should definitely spend the weekend lying around. There just aren't too many opportunities. Have you ever been to the two children's consignment stores by the old Walmart? They are over on the side by Swick's Pizza. They are on opposite sides of the parking lot. They often have some of the bigger items for less money. We got our crib at one of them for a steal. You have to check often and be prepared to rummage, but we have found quite a few good deals.

Candice said...

Seriously, like we all won't chip in and buy that stuff for you. And that's assuming my mom doesn't buy it all by then. : )
And I'm sure with all Cory's free time lately he would gladly get a second job to pay for stuff. ; )

cyclefreaks said...

ha, yeah. all his free time. he's in tulsa playing halo right now. does that count as his third job? someone needs to start paying our men for all the time they steal!

Candice said...

Amen sister.