Friday, April 23, 2010

Cautiously Hopeful

Well, in case you haven't heard, we have a contract pending on our house. Yay! Or Eeee! I'm not sure which it is, it changes daily.

I am excited to live in a real city again; I am scared to change daycare; I am excited to have River Trails to ride on; I'm scared I won't have anyone to ride with; I am happy Kaia will have both Grandma's closer by; I am sad she won't have Aunt Paula and Aunt Ilda anytime we want; I am glad my commuting days are over; I am sad Cory's are beginning; I am excited to have a new house~!

That pretty much sums it up. Nothing many of you haven't experienced in your lifetime already, but a first for us with a child to think about.

My job is great, I really love it. :) I already got a raise but it was tiny since I haven't been here very long. Next year though, I am hoping I get a good one. So far, so good.

I'll be traveling a lot in May, but June should be nice and quiet. If all goes well, we will close on May 17 and be living with Uncle Jay for awhile. Bring on the fun!

4 comments:

Okjerm said...

You have a whole gang to ride with and all within a couple of blocks from each other. Jay, Janina, Andia and I all have bikes. We're working on getting cool jackets.

Candice said...

Jerm, will you be cool riders? Sorry, you made it too easy.

Steph, I can ask Kim what day care she uses if you want. She might also be able to tell you a couple to avoid.
It really sucks that you won't have the commute anymore but still won't get any more time with Kaia. At least Cory will hopefully work from home one day a week so you can see them more then.

Andia said...

We can't wait for you 3 to be here. We will be more than happy to ride bikes with you. I think you can inspire me to really get serious about getting fit. Also, Jeremy and I would be happy to babysit anytime you need us.

Melissa H said...

Ok, I haven't had a chance to catch up on here in a while- hope the housing is working out.
R went to First Lutheran Early Learning Center at 12th and Utica. Not fancy but it was like home. The director has changed since then but one of David's coworker's little boys has been there for almost a year with no problems (R was there for almost three years and half of her class had been there together as babies).
Happy Campers (on 15th close to Utica), Trinity (downtown) and Boston Avenue (downtown) all have great reps.
-Melissa