Saturday, January 2, 2010

What a way to start 2010

If you Tulsans haven't eaten at Doe's Eat Place on Cherry Street, I highly recommend it. Our bill was more than the hotel but it was worth it. One of the best steaks I've ever had and the atmosphere was just how we like it...like an old pub somewhere. Its one of the most eclectic menus too...we had tamales with a cup o chili as an app. Then salad, I had boiled new potatoes with my filet, Cory had mashed and we shared grilled asparagus. Southern style drop biscuits came with the meal...I thought they were gross tho. More donut than roll really. We both had a beer but I already forgot what it was called. K-something.

We had a drink at the hotel, then I was out by 11. Kaia's been sick for a week now. So much for Cory's vacation. I took her to the walk-in this morning. Two ear infections plus bronchitis-like something or other. So I just dropped $120 at the pharmacy. Between xmas, NYE and today, I've spent a gazillion bucks. And trying to get Kaia to use an inhaler thing is going to be even more challenging than the nebulizer when she was little...

So anyway, I bought Cory dinner, he had his way with me and he ate my Doubletree cookie. Then he left me with a sick baby to go to the Cotton Bowl. Typical!

(rofl, he's so gonna kill me for that paragraph but I couldn't resist)

10 comments:

jckeeton said...

Andrew uses an inhaler every day. He didn't like it at first, but now he does it all by himself. Really, its sooooooo much easier once they get use to it, and so much faster. Sorry she's sick. Andrew had a respiratory infection this last week also.

Skept said...

Slander!

Okjerm said...

My first impression of Doe's was a bad one. The Tulsa World did a write up on how amazing their Cuban sandwich was so Jay and I decided to check it out. We go over one evening and when I ordered the Cuban I was told it was a lunchtime only item. I mentioned how the write up was what got us through the door and the waiter looked at me blankly. The manager comes over and pretty much gives us the same shit. The paper said nothing about it being a lunchtime only thing. You'd think being a new restaurant with a nice write up in the local paper they would have made a exception. Dicks. Just like the tapas place that got wax all over me the night I proposed to Andia.

Hehe, I always figured you for the alpha in bed.

Melissa H said...

Gee, we live within a five minute walk of Doe's but have never eaten there! We prefer places like Blue Dome Diner, Joe Mamas Pizza, and Dilly Deli. Regretfully they aren't a 5 minute walk.

The Cuban at the Campus Grill (on 11th just west of Harvard close to Chapman Stadium) is supposed to be good. The other food there is outstanding.

cyclefreaks said...

I have heard great things about Joe Mammas... I can't wait to try it and take Kaia for kids night! :)

cyclefreaks said...

PS: Jerm, are you sure we are talking about the same place, cuz they are not open for lunch...

Okjerm said...

Yes. We are talking about the same place. My incident went down five years ago, guess they did away with lunch and the Cuban.

Joe Mamma's is the bomb.

Dave H said...

I'm not sure why Cory would be upset with you saying that he ate your Doubletree cookie.

Andia said...

Joe Mommas is awesome and so is Dilly Deli. I didn't like Blue Dome but I would be willing to try it again. Steph I can't wait for you all to move here so we can take you to great places we have here.

Lothar said...

Nom Nom Nom, indeed.