Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Honor Roll

Last night, Kaia and I were sitting in bed, reading stories. After we read (4 books), she started drinking her milk. She guzzled and guzzled, like little kids do, then she stopped, looked up at me and said, breathless, "Ilda?"

And I said, "Ilda is at home."

To which she replied, "Ilda?"

So I repeated myself. She then asked for "Paula?" (which sounds like podda). Then "Mark?"

And I said, "Ilda is home. Mark is at home."

So she went on.

"Candice?"

"Candice is at home with Mark."

Today, I picked her up from daycare, a rarity for me, and on the way home she said, "Mark? Candice?"

So I said, "Mark and Candice are at home. They live in Texas."

"Texas?"

Yep. I think that she might remember you all. ;)

3 comments:

Mark said...

That's awesome. Candice will get a kick out of that post.

Candice said...

Dang, that almost made me cry. I might not be able to wait to see you guys again until March.

Unknown said...

Awww...she warms my heart! Tell her we'll dance next week, okay?