Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My Doc Appt.

We had a doc appt. today. Normal routine. The wait was kind of interesting though...we were in the lobby maybe 5 minutes before they called my name. We went through the motions (I gained 6 pounds last month, my blood pressure is 118/64 and my glucose screen is normal) and then sat and waited on the doctor.

About 15 minutes later, we hear her voice in the hallway, thinking "wow, this is a good appointment. She's already coming in!"

But no.

We hear our doc yelling, "Ma'am! You will NOT disrespect me in my office. You are not welcome back here again."

At first we think she's giving her staff a hard time. Then I hear a woman mumble, "This is why I prefer men doctors."

"Well, that's fine, but you are no longer welcome here. Not ever again."

Cory & I are sitting there in disbelief, going, "Yeah! You tell her!"

I don't really know what the whole story was, but she was still on edge when she came into our room later on. She tried to explain but I'm sure we would have had to be there to really get the gist of why she was so perturbed, but something along the lines of pregnant white trash trying to get disability and bitching about her job. Great parent-to-be, I am sure.

My class last semester at OSU touched on the topic of "firing" customers who treat your staff poorly. I'm all for it. I think it shows people that money isn't everything, that you've "got their back" and are more important than some whiney-ass, trouble-making customer/client/whatever the case may be. Of course, there's the whole "the customer is always right" mantra, but I don't buy it. If I know for a fact the customer is wrong, screw 'em. This woman probably yelled at staff for something every time she went in.

Guess that's why I didn't like being in management.

The Registries

Open up your wallets, people. We're registered. :)

Search under my name, Stephanie Brown, or Cory as the spouse. If you search for Stephanie Cheney, you ain't gonna find anything. :D We did everything online at target.com and babiesrus.com. The only thing we no longer need is a breast pump. We got the awesome hookup courtesy of a friend of Cory's who got us the primo model for the price of the middle model. Sweet.

5 comments:

Candice said...

Kick ass. I like your doctor.

The gifts will poor in.

Carrie said...

I have fired a customer or 2. I will not let them use profanity in a mean way or insult me.

Yay for baby stuff! After Sunday I saw the target one and wondered what other you had. Are you having a shower or anything?

Angie said...

I definitely think doctors have the right to dismiss rude or unruly clients. I certainly want to have my doc be happy with her job and her environment, and if she has to deal with horrible patients while thinking she has no recourse to get rid of them, then she's not going to be a happy camper.

Personally, I prefer a female OB/GYN. There's something that a man simply CANNOT understand about how those exams actually feel. Women just seem to have more compassion, or maybe I have just gotten lucky with female docs. Of course, I use a midwife now.

Baby stuff is always so much fun... you end up going through it seventeen times a day during that time at the very end when all you want is to HAVE THAT BABY NOW!!!

cyclefreaks said...

Yep on the shower... Candice and her mom will likely organize it.

I prefer a female doctor too. I had a male doc back in my "no insurance" days and had to take whoever was working that day. It never made me feel "weird" except for this one guy who talked the whole time he was down there. I actually told him to stop talking.

Angie said...

The last male GYN doc I had operated solo - in other words, the nurse left the room before he did the exam. Although nothing bad happened, I was really uncomfortable with the fact that there was no female attendant present while he was doing his work. I never went back to that guy.