Sunday, August 10, 2008

sigh

I'm sitting in the living room, watching cycling on the Olympics and missing my best friend. :( Kaia is in her swing and the sound of it is about to put me to sleep. Cory's at the movies, Paula's on her way to get my mom so she can come spend some time with Kaia and I'm supposed to be cleaning, but I am so sleepy. And so desperate for a mountain dew!

Kaia had a long adventure yesterday. Every time we take her somewhere, we put her in her carseat and ask her if she is ready to go on an adventure. Yesterday, her travels took her to Sam's Club, On the Border, Target and Grandma's. She barely slept at all until the ride home. Just like the dogs used to do. ;)

Cory & I gave the wee one to Grandma at lowe's after we all shopped at Target. We had plans so she was going on an adventure with Grandma instead of Mom & Dad. It felt freaky to put her in someone else's car but we made it. And had a great time too. We met Laura & Brian who were in from Indiana at Kilkenny's for a drink. I had my first alcoholic beverage in well over a year. Best shandy ever! It was fun to catch up but we couldn't get back to Sapulpa fast enough. :) What can I say, I miss my baby when she's not with me.

I feel bad for these cyclists in Beijing. It's raining like crazy and road tires plus wet pavement is a scary thing. Beautiful route though. Not that they get to enjoy it during their race.

Cory & I worked out 5 times this week. The lunch routine is awesome. Just what we needed to get us going again.

4 comments:

Candice said...

I bet mom loved every minute of it.

We watched the JRT races on ESPN HD earlier. So damn cute! Boy they are fast little dogs.

Just think, our houses might stay clean for a few days with no husbands around. Ha ha, right.

Skept said...

I'd rather have been watching cycling than Pineapple Express... :(

jckeeton said...

Good job on your workouts! I think I only exercised once last week :(

Candice said...

Wait, Pineapple Express wasn't good? Shit.

Forgot to mention earlier that I was proud of you guys for the lunch workouts.